Midland Michigan Criminal Defense Lawyer
Have you been arrested or charged with a crime? If so, you may feel as if your life is spinning out of control. A reputable and experienced criminal defense lawyer can make a world of a difference in this difficult time.
A former assistant prosecuting attorney in both Florida and Michigan, Midland criminal defense lawyer Courtney L. Thom has the knowledge, experience and reputation to successfully represent criminal defendants throughout Mid-Michigan. Ms. Thom will aggressively fight for you to obtain the best possible result.
Courtney L. Thom provides aggressive representation for all criminal law matters throughout Mid-Michigan. Representation includes assistance at all stages of the process, from arraignment through trial and sentencing. Many criminal matters are resolved without trial, through plea negotiations, and Courtney can help you navigate this process. However, if a plea agreement is not reached, criminal defense lawyer Courtney L. Thom will provide aggressive trial representation.
Examples of the types of cases Ms. Thom handles include:
- “Drunk Driving” offenses, such as Operating While Intoxicated, Operating with a High BAC, and Operating While Visibly Impaired.
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (including Marijuana)
- Delivery/Manufacture of a Controlled Substance (including Marijuana)
- Domestic Violence
- Driving While License Suspended
- General traffic offenses (including civil infractions such as speeding)
- Assault and Battery
- Disorderly Conduct
- Disturbing the Peace
- Driving Citations
- Drug Offens
- Fake/Forged ID
- Firearm offenses
- Juvenile Crimes/Delinquency
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Malicious Destruction of Property (MDOP)
- Minor in Possession
- Murder/wrongful death
- Obstruction of Police/False Information to a Police Officer
- Open Intoxicants/Open Container
- Prescription Fraud
- Probation Violations
- Receiving and Concealing Stolen Property
- Retail Fraud
- Writing Bad Checks